It's time for another product newsletter!
- We've implemented a function that allows you to easily delete data for users belonging to a specific filter on a nightly basis (amazing for remaining GDPR-compliant!)
- Another feature we've implemented is the ability to match an NLU intent from any module
Continue reading to find a detailed description of our two new additions.
Nightly data deletions for specific users
Up until this point, we've given you the ability to delete all user data from your bot after a number of days. Now, we're expanding this ability to provide you with the option to delete user data for a specific set of users nightly.
In order for this feature to work, you will need to create a filter and assign it to users based on a number of criteria, such as what module they've passed through or what custom variable you've assigned them.
Once you've done that, it will be available for you to choose in your Bot Settings, as shown below:
Match NLU intents with any module
Until now, when you were trying to match an intent with something a user said, you were limited to creating an NLU connection for the module wherein the user response was.
We've changed that by giving you the option to match the intent recognized from any previous module.
Essentially, this feature allows you to look at the intents recognized in previous modules, and send the user to other modules based on the intent recognized. So, instead of only being able to select "this module" in the drop-down menu when using an NLU connection, now you can select any module.
Highlighted Webhook Template
Moving forward, we will be updating you on the newest Webhook Templates added to the marketplace. This week, we will be taking a look at the BotXO Opening Hours template.
It's a template that allows you to define your opening hours, and structure messages based on whether a user contacts you within opening hours or outside them.
This means that if a user were to chat with your bot outside opening hours, you could relay a message such as "I'm afraid you've tried to contact my human colleagues outside opening hours. Our opening hours are from 7:00-16:30."
We have been fixing bugs and improving performance, for example:
- Fixed: Some users were experiencing issues when their Suggested Replies contained a space at the end.
- Fixed: When editing a webhook by changing the authorization parameters, the data would remain unchanged after saving.
- We've noted that some users are experiencing issues with the chat displaying the text in the first module more than once when using the "Test flow from here" function. This only happens in the platform, and not with bots that are live. Nevertheless, we are working hard to resolve the issue.
Whether you need assistance from our Customer Success team, want to request a new feature or search for an article in our knowledge base; we love being in contact with you.
The BotXO Team
This product newsletter was handcrafted by Kevin Pihl Jensen.
Humans among bots 🤖
Love what we do?
Follow us on social media. 👇
You are receiving this email, because we consider you a friend of BotXO.